Monday, June 06, 2011

Introduction - Part Two

My first post on this blog was essentially a list of all the things (food, TV shows etc) I liked.

For a counterpoint, these are some of the things I don't like. You will note the list is shorter than the first. Because, you know, I'm such a positive person.

I don't like:

  • Onions (the devil's food);
  • Rugby commentators who don't actually ask any questions in post-game interviews (once I counted Ian Smith making seven statements and not asking one question);
  • Hot drinks (seriously – no tea, no coffee, no milo);
  • Big cities (I'm just a small-town boy);
  • Driving (the only time I enjoy being behind a wheel is on an Xbox);
  • Dunedin drivers (but when I do drive, it's fun to count the number of plonkers who don't indicate, drive right up my bum and sail straight through red lights);
  • Michael Laws (shame on the Sunday Star-Times and Radio Live for employing the nastiest man in New Zealand);
  • The Crusaders (evil);
  • The New York Yankees (eviller);
  • Manchester United (evillest);
  • Dogs with square jaws (and others – basically, if the dog don't live outside and round up sheep, I don't like it);
  • Titanic (I f*cking hate that movie);
  • CSI (and SVU and NCIS and pretty much every TV show consisting of letters);
  • Waitangi Day (Anzac Day should be our national day);
  • Star Trek (and science fiction – Star Wars excepted – in general);
  • Arrogance (runs rife in the worlds of sport and journalism);
  • Young New Zealanders who think they are superior because they are hanging out with other New Zealanders in a big flat in London (yawn, heard it all before);
  • Drugs (I am Mr Puritanical when it comes to these);
  • Sports teams talking about “the brand” (especially the All Blacks);
  • Over-use of the haka (especially by random sports teams that haven't won or, worse, by American high school kids).

No comments:

Post a Comment